Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oh blog, oh blog, I have not forgotten you...

It seems like when things are so busy that I have a lot to blog about, I don't have the time I want to write an entry!

Here are some of the major ministry happenings right now:
- We are looking for a new worship space for our Bridgeville campus. This is an exciting thing, because we hope to have a space that will allow to continue to grow to the next level. Of course, the building does not make the church, so our main focus will continue to be serving, evangelizing, and making disciples in the community. But the time is right for us to work on making this move. I will try to get a link to the verbal announcement I did at our service on March 9.

- Pastor Steve (the senior pastor) and I will be going on an exploratory trip to Mozambique to look for opportunities for our church to partner with Mozambicans in a variety of ways. We will be building relationships and learning ways that our church's gifts might be used to influence different domains of life. Two of our congregation's strong suits are medical/health work and education. We will not be limited to those fields, but we hope to use the natural connections within the field that our people have in order to connect with Mozambicans. God has given us our occupations, and we want to use them for his glory.

-Holy Week: We have Maundy Thursday services, a Good Friday "multi-sensory worship experience," and many Easter services. Easter has always been one of my favorite times of year. I remember loving the atmosphere of celebration and joy, even when I was young. This will be my first Easter celebration as a pastor, and I am really looking forward to leading our congregation. Easter is the central day of the Christian calendar, and really of all history. Jesus was raised from the dead, and the world will never be the same! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Hallelujah indeed!